University of Illinois (B.S., 2003)
University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2006)
- Lincoln Scholar
- Section Editor and later, Managing Editor of The Illinois Business Law Journal
Adam Jung is a partner in Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella’s Corporate group. Mr. Jung works closely with and provides counsel to entrepreneurs, small business owners, financial institutions, in-house counsel, and governmental entities for a wide range of corporate, business, and finance transactions. He routinely helps his clients define their goals, identify risks, and formulate strategies for their businesses.
In his practice Mr. Jung represents acquirers and target businesses in stock and asset acquisitions, sales, and mergers. He advises both lenders and borrowers in commercial loans and financing transactions. Mr. Jung also analyzes, negotiates, structures, and drafts a variety of contracts, such as employment and consulting agreements, non-competition and restrictive covenant agreements, purchase and supply contracts, service agreements, intellectual property and licensing agreements, and sponsorship agreements. Additionally, Mr. Jung regularly assists clients with structuring, organizing, and documenting new business ventures and entities.
Mr. Jung has made presentations on a number of topics including indemnification provisions and advocacy and negotiation techniques.
Mr. Jung represents a wide variety of clients on numerous corporate, business, and finance matters. A sample of his transactions includes:
- Assisted with sale of a locally based manufacturer to a foreign corporation seeking entry into the U.S. market
- Represented a bank in its capacity as lender and administrative agent of a participated credit facility consisting of term loans, revolving loans, and letters of credit
- Assisted an entrepreneur with initial business planning and creation of the new entity
- Negotiated the refinance of a loan facility for a borrower and guarantor
- Represented an individual in connection with negotiations with business partners and drafted agreements to set forth their respective ownership, management, economic, and transfer rights and obligations
- Advised a shareholder concerning a dispute with another shareholder
- Represented employers in connection with employment matters, including employment agreements, contracts with independent contractors, non-competition and restrictive covenant agreements, and the termination of employees
- Drafted and negotiated customer supply agreements, vendor purchase agreements, and other commercial contracts
- Prepared and reviewed confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Counseled the purchaser of an automobile dealership and coordinated the franchise approval process with the manufacturer
Honors & Awards
- Mr. Jung was a Lincoln Scholar while at the University of Illinois College of Law.
Mr. Jung was Vice President of the Board of Directors of the Illini Media Company, an independent non-profit corporation that operated a newspaper, radio station, yearbook, technical magazine, and various online media outlets at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- September 15, 2016
- February 2016
- New leading sports protection and performance company, United Sports BrandsOctober 14, 2015
- January 31, 2014
- November 1, 2011