Indiana University (B.S., Business Process Management and Operations Management, 2002)
Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2013)
Brad Ader is an associate in Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella's Real Estate group. Brad assists private, institutional, and governmental real estate owners, developers, and tenants in a wide variety of transactions including but not limited to purchases, sales, financing, leases, subleases, licenses, easements, construction contracts, landlord waivers, subordination and non-disturbance agreements, and development agreements. In addition, Brad represents a national healthcare provider in contract negotiations with health insurance plans. Before law school, Brad closed more than $350 million in transactions as a real estate broker in the Chicago office of a national firm specializing in sales of office, industrial, and retail properties.
- Represented a publicly traded private label food supplier in a built-to-suit lease agreement for construction of a new freezer building in Ogden, Utah
- Represents automobile dealers in connection with obtaining sales tax reimbursement agreements with local municipalities
- Represented private investors in the sale of a residential apartment community in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Regularly represents a national healthcare provider in contract negotiations with health insurance plans
- Regularly represents automobile dealers in connection with the purchase, sale and lease of dealership facilities in the Chicago metropolitan area and northwest Indiana
- Represented a shopping center owner in the sale of an outlot parcel leased to Walgreens in Overland Park, Kansas
- Drafted re-usable contract forms for landscaping contractor
- Regularly negotiates and drafts leases, lease amendments, licenses, consents and landlord subordination agreements for one of Chicago's largest industrial real estate owners
- Represented a joint venture consisting of a REIT and private investors in an acquisition of a $26,000,000 suburban office property in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Represented a REIT providing the primary source of equity in a joint venture developing a mixed-use high rise with residential apartments and retail space in Chicago’s River West neighborhood
- Represents Chicago’s largest residential real estate brokerage company in connection with brokerage compliance, dispute resolution, document drafting, and expansion into other states
- Represents a national company, with over 40 office/warehouse locations throughout the country, in lease negotiations for new and existing space
- Obtained a resolution from the Chicago City Council approving a Cook County Class 6(b) incentive for a speculative industrial development, having the effect of reducing the property taxes by approximately 60% for a period of 12 years
- Represented a joint venture consisting of a REIT and private investors in an acquisition of a $44,000,000 suburban Chicago office property
- Represented an 8,000-square-foot medical office tenant in the negotiation of a suburban office building lease and design-build agreement
- Regularly represents a suburban Chicago office landlord in lease negotiations
- Represented a pension fund in a 300,000-square-foot manufacturing planned development in Chicago
- Filed a type-1 rezoning application in Chicago on behalf of a private developer seeking to construct forty-plus, single-family homes on the site
- Represented a publicly traded company in the sale of a former food-production facility located within a Superfund site
- Conducted lease due diligence for a pension fund’s acquisition of a suburban grocery-anchored shopping center, while it was under construction
- Spearheaded a fifty-state research survey on telemarketing laws for a publicly traded company
- Represented a pension fund in its acquisition of a suburban Chicago grocery-anchored shopping center, involving a simultaneous purchase of the fee interest from the landowner (a municipality) and the leasehold interest from the developer
- Represents individuals and institutional trustees in high-end home purchases and sales in Chicago and the suburbs
Honors & Awards
- CALI award, Corporate Governance and the Law
- CALI award, Negotiating and Documenting Mergers and Acquisitions
- CALI award, Professional Responsibility
- CALI award, Administrative Law
* CALI awards are given to the highest scoring student in the law school class.
- Brad visits classrooms throughout the city for the Constitutional Rights Foundation Chicago’s “Lawyers in the Classroom” program, teaching children about our judicial system through a mock trial.
- Brad is a member of the American Bar Association’s Real Property Section and the Chicago Bar Association.
- Brad has supported and volunteered for Ladder Up's Tax Assistance Program since 2011, preparing and filing income tax returns on behalf of low income Chicago families.
- October 12, 2016
- August 28, 2016
- July 13, 2016
- October 2, 2015
- October 1, 2015
- July 18, 2014
- October 1, 2013
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Continuing Legal Education: "Introduction to the Chicago Landlord Tenant Ordinance"