- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Amherst College (B.A., 2004)
University of Chicago Law School (J.D., 2010)
Joan Ahn is a member of the Religious Organizations, Not-For-Profit Organizations, and Litigation practices at Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella. Ms. Ahn earned her B.A. in English and Mathematics from Amherst College in 2004. She earned her J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School in 2010. While attending law school, Ms. Ahn served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Elaine E. Bucklo in the Northern District of Illinois and was a member of the Chicago Journal of International Law.
Before joining Burke, Warren, Ms. Ahn worked at a boutique Chicago law firm specializing in civil rights litigation, where she gained significant trial experience. Ms. Ahn currently represents a wide range of religious and not-for-profit organization clients in a variety of matters within and outside of litigation.
- Member of trial teams that won defense verdicts in multiple jury trials in federal court involving claims of false arrest and excessive force
- Obtained dismissal for client in case alleging false arrest and malicious prosecution
- Obtained summary judgment for client in case alleging false arrest and malicious prosecution
- Obtained partial summary judgment for client in multimillion-dollar, wrongful conviction case
Ms. Ahn is a member of the Korean American Bar Association and Asian American Bar Association.