- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Tulane University (B.A. 2000)
IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., 2004)
Rachel D. Wanroy is a partner in Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella's Real Estate group and concentrates her practice in commercial real estate. She has significant experience representing landlords and tenants in retail, industrial, medical office and general office leasing transactions and negotiating the acquisition, financing, and sale of all types of commercial properties for owners, users and investors.
Ms. Wanroy has special expertise in dealing with the unique issues posed by retail leases and, in particular, leases for special users such as supermarkets, pharmacies, liquor retailers, and restaurants. She also has considerable experience representing medical providers in connection with development and leasing matters and has expertise representing owners and users of mixed-use properties. Ms. Wanroy regularly advises and represents business owners and investors concerning the acquisition and management of real estate.
- Renegotiation and redevelopment of a 65,000 square foot supermarket lease in Kansas City, Missouri
- Negotiation of a retail bank branch lease in an office tower in Chicago, Illinois, together with a sublease of a portion of the space to a national coffee retailer
- Acquisition, financing, and subsequent sale of a single-tenant office tower in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, including the negotiation of a long-term lease extension
- Negotiation of multiple retail pharmacy and office leases nationally on behalf of a major health care company
- Negotiation of several freestanding build-to-suit restaurant leases at shopping centers in Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois, including the reciprocal easement agreements associated with those projects.
- Acquisition and financing of a manufacturing and warehousing facility property in Elmhurst, Illinois
- Negotiation of a long-term office headquarters lease for a national technology firm in Chicago, Illinois
- Negotiation of a 50,000 square foot headquarters lease for a manufacturing company
- Negotiation of multiple office leases nationwide for a software consulting company
International Council of Shopping Centers, member
- September 20, 2016
- March 2016
- January 11, 2012