- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Georgetown University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2002)
- Recipient of the George F. Baker Scholar and Rev. Royden B. Davis, S.J. scholarships
University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., 2007)
- Recipient of the Dean's Elite Scholarship
- Vice President of the University of Minnesota Asylum Law Project
- Managing Editor for the Minnesota Law Review
Sara Youn Choh, a partner in Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella's Class Action Defense, Litigation and Consumer Financial Services Litigation groups, concentrates her practice on class action defense of banks, mortgage lenders, and related entities. She has wide-ranging experience litigating class actions and individual suits brought under various state and federal laws, including the Truth in Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and various state consumer protection statutes.
Ms. Choh also has experience with complex product liability cases, franchisor-franchisee disputes, and mass tort litigation. She previously practiced at Scandaglia & Ryan in Chicago and Perkins Coie in Seattle.
Notable Engagements/Class Actions
- Gordon, et al v. Chase Home Finance, LLC, et al, 2013 WL 436445 (M.D. Fla. Feb. 5, 2013) (denying plaintiffs' motion for certification of national classes of borrowers with lender-placed flood insurance who alleged unauthorized payments of commissions to a loan servicer's affiliate and that the loan servicer required the borrowers to maintain excessive insurance coverage amounts)
- Gibson v. Chase Home Finance, LLC, 2011 WL 6319401 (M.D. Fla. Dec. 16, 2011) (dismissal of putative class action complaint alleging claims related to lender-placed flood insurance, including claims under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Bank Holding Company Act, and the Florida Deceptive and Unfair trade Practices Act)
Honors & Awards
- Georgetown University, George F. Baker Scholar and Rev. Royden B. Davis, S.J., scholarships
- University of Minnesota, Dean's Elite Scholarship
- Minnesota Law Review, Managing Editor
- Ms. Choh regularly volunteers for the Chicago Legal Assistance Foundation’s Pro Se Litigant Help Desk at the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, assisting pro se litigants with federal procedural issues.
- Ms. Choh is a board member of the Sejong Cultural Society, an organization that strives to advance awareness and understanding of Korea's cultural heritage in the United States through the arts.
- February 2016
- December 10, 2012
- November 1, 2011