University of Chicago (B.A., cum laude, 1985)
University of Michigan Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1988)
Stephanie is a partner in Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella's Wealth and Succession Planning Group. Stephanie's practice focuses on problem solving for clients with sophisticated tax, corporate structuring, and estate planning issues. She advises clients on complex tax issues, investment structures, acquisitions and sales of special assets, trust and probate administration issues, and charitable giving. Stephanie also serves as fiduciary consultant on litigation matters for corporate fiduciaries as well as interfamily disputes. In addition, Stephanie often represents taxpayers on contested tax matters including Federal and State audits as well as administrative appeals.
Her clients include high-net-worth individuals, family offices, and corporate fiduciaries. For many of her clients, Stephanie serves as long-term counsel, helping on an ongoing basis with a variety of complex legal matters. Having worked with many of her clients over an extended period of time, Stephanie is able to utilize her in-depth understanding of her clients and their goals and their situations to tackle a wide array of issues.
To achieve the best results for her clients, Stephanie works collaboratively with her clients and her clients’ other professional advisors. Stephanie approaches each client relationship in a hands-on manner. She strives to position her clients to achieve their goals, providing elegantly simple solutions to complicated issues. With more than twenty-five years of experience in the field, Stephanie has developed a pragmatic and creative approach to addressing her clients’ needs.
- Traditional Estate Planning
- Charitable Planning
- Investment Structuring
- Business Structuring
- Fiduciary Litigation Consultant
- Contested Tax Matters
- Served as an adjunct professor at John Marshall Law School in the graduate LLM program
- Taught classes and seminars at variety of Chicago area law schools
- Served as a board member for a number of charities ranging from women’s shelters to choir groups
- Past member of the Editorial Advisory Board of Trusts & Estates magazine
- Past member of the charitable miniboard of Trusts & Estates magazine
- Lecturer at numerous professional organizations and training institutes