Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella’s banking and financial services lawyers coordinate their vast collective experience to provide thorough and meticulous application of banking and finance law to meet client needs spanning the continuum of institutional operations. Our longstanding clients include state and federally chartered institutions and their directors, who conduct business globally, nationally and in small communities.
Our services include:
- Loan document preparation and negotiation. We assist with structuring, documenting and negotiating loans, with a focus on real estate and complex financing arrangements. We tailor individual programs based on client preferences to deliver these services efficiently and cost effectively.
- Loan restructuring. We have extensive experience representing lenders in bankruptcy and workout matters involving financially troubled borrowers, including restructuring, bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court prepackaged workouts.
- Formation of de novo banks and specialized financial institutions. Our attorneys have organized special purpose banks, trust companies, depository institutions and non-bank lenders.
- Regulatory advice and representation before state and federal depository institution agencies. We have represented banks, bank holding companies, and non-bank financial institutions before Illinois and federal regulators involving compliance and safety and soundness matters.
- Mergers and acquisitions. We have decades of experience handling all sides of sales and acquisitions of depository institutions and other financial service firms.
- Bank holding company capitalization. The firm has documented and advised financial institutions on stock offerings, subordinated debt offerings, and preferred stock issuances.
- Financial institution class action defense. We have one of the nation’s most experienced teams representing financial institutions in defending class action cases, with a long track record of success representing large banks, with a particular focus on consumer class action cases in the mortgage and consumer lending areas.
- Contested foreclosures. As Illinois counsel for one of the country’s most important banks, we have a dedicated team of attorneys handling large scale, complex residential contested foreclosures.
- Trust litigation. Our litigators have vast experience conducting trust litigation involving large estates and complex fiduciary matters.
- Bank director and officer liability matters. We have successfully defended bank directors against federal and private actions claiming breach of fiduciary duty and non-compliance with federal and state banking laws.
- Mortgage originators, servicers, financial services companies. We assist these niche institutions with the specialized regulatory issues they confront.
- Employment issues unique to financial services. Our Labor and Employment Practice Group is well versed in post-employment restrictive covenants, executive compensation, litigation, and training.
- Burke Warren Partner John Stephens Quoted in Crain’s Chicago Article Entitled, “For Black lawyers, roadblocks to partnership persist”June 10, 2022
- May 4, 2022
- Burke Warren Serves as Pro Bono Counsel in Federal Lawsuit Charging Advocate Health and Hospitals Corporation with Racial DiscriminationApril 21, 2022
- April 18, 2022
- Burke Warren Proud to Participate in the Chicago Bar Foundation’s 2022 Investing in Justice CampaignApril 6, 2022
- February 21, 2022
- January 25, 2022
- January 13, 2022
- December 2, 2021
- Adrian Atwater and Jolisa Warmack, Participants in Burke Warren’s Inaugural 3L Minority Internship Program, Accept Offers to Join The FirmDecember 1, 2021
- Burke Warren Proud to Partner with JPMorgan Chase and Cabrini Green Legal Aid on Key Chicago Area Pro Bono ProjectsOctober 27, 2021
- June 30, 2021
- March 20, 2020
- March 18, 2020
- December 5, 2018
- November 8, 2010