For hotels, restaurants, bars, and others in the food and beverage sectors, the complexities of serving the public while striving for stability, profitability, and growth is challenging. Negotiating leases, constructing spaces, securing financing, managing labor, and obtaining zoning and licensing approvals, and merely managing the day-to-day operations requires many different legal disciplines. It is important for hospitality industry professionals to work with lawyers who possess the personal experience, extensive resources, and unique insights to address these issues. It is equally important to work with a law firm that recognizes the depth of personal as well as financial investment that hospitality industry players make when bringing their dreams to fruition.
Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella’s hospitality attorneys provide a full suite of legal services for our clients in the hospitality industry, focusing on proactive strategies for navigating the complex issues. For restauranteurs, developers, investors, owners, or operators in the hospitality sector, Burke Warren’s extensive industry-specific knowledge is complemented by cross-disciplinary collaboration among our attorneys to provide approaches that manage risk, maximize opportunities, and firmly position our clients for success.
Burke Warren attorneys have particularly extensive experience serving talented Chicago-area chefs and restauranteurs. The attorneys provide sound counsel from the initial stages of identifying viable concepts through ongoing operations, including creating and structuring entities, preparing offering memoranda, negotiating leases, and advising on related matters.
Clients count on the experience and insight of lawyers who practice across the full range of legal fields which intersect with the business of providing lodging, food, recreation, and related services to the public, including:
- Structuring organizations and drafting governing documents
- Acquisitions and dispositions of real estate, restaurants and bars
- Drafting offering memoranda
- Drafting and negotiating leases
- Assisting with zoning and land use issues
- Drafting employee handbooks and policy manuals
- Providing anti-harassment training
- Assisting with employment, lease, ownership, and insurance disputes
- Assisting with local and state licensing matters
- Negotiating hotel management agreements
No matter the nature or size of your hospitality industry interests, we stand ready to protect and advance those interests effectively and efficiently. For more information, please contact practice chair David Silver at (312) 840-7103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Burke Warren Partner John Stephens Quoted in Crain’s Chicago Article Entitled, “For Black lawyers, roadblocks to partnership persist”June 10, 2022
- May 4, 2022
- Burke Warren Cited In Chicago Tribune Article Regarding a Pro Bono Case Recently Undertaken by the FirmMay 3, 2022
- Burke Warren Serves as Pro Bono Counsel in Federal Lawsuit Charging Advocate Health and Hospitals Corporation with Racial DiscriminationApril 21, 2022
- April 18, 2022
- Burke Warren Proud to Participate in the Chicago Bar Foundation’s 2022 Investing in Justice CampaignApril 6, 2022
- February 21, 2022
- January 25, 2022
- Burke Warren Attorney David Silver Quoted in CulinaryWoman Newsletter Article Entitled, “What Restaurant Investors Want”January 16, 2022
- Burke Warren Attorney David Silver Interviewed in Crain’s Chicago Daily Gist Podcast Segment Entitled, “How New Restaurants Get Started”January 5, 2022