Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella attorneys provide a full range of medical office transactional services including assistance with leases and related documents, listing agreements, letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, and entitlement related agreements.
Representative medical office transactional experience includes the following:
- Representation of a privately held national development and construction company in the land acquisition, development, and leasing of numerous medical office buildings in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas.
- Representation of one of the Chicago area’s largest hospital groups in connection with its medical office needs.
- Representation of the developer of a brownfield site into medical office/health club complex, including environmental remediation pursuant to environmental statutes, negotiation and documentation of a municipal TIF redevelopment agreement, and preparation of all facility leases.
- Representation of a Chicago area group of investors in the acquisition of multiple medical office condominium units in a suburban location, conversion of the building from condominium to fee simple ownership, successfully defending a court challenge of the deconversion, and ultimately sale of the entire building to an institutional investor.
- Representation of a Chicago investor in the acquisition of a multi-building medical office portfolio in Ohio, including equity and real estate contributions by a doctor group.
- Representation of a Chicago hospital with a redevelopment project. Assisted the hospital with specific entitlements and approvals.
- Representation of the developer of a medical office building in Chicago for one of the largest hospital groups in Chicago.