University of Illinois (B.S., 2003)
University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2006)
- Lincoln Scholar
- Section Editor and later, Managing Editor of The Illinois Business Law Journal
Adam Jung is a partner in BWMS’s Corporate group. Mr. Jung acts as de facto in-house counsel for a wide variety of clients. He routinely helps those clients define their goals, identify risks, and formulate strategies for their businesses.
Mr. Jung works closely with and provides counsel to entrepreneurs, small business owners, financial institutions, in-house legal teams, and large companies for a wide range of corporate, business, and finance transactions.
In his practice, Mr. Jung represents acquirers and target businesses in stock and asset acquisitions, sales, and mergers. He advises both lenders and borrowers in commercial loans and financing transactions. Mr. Jung also analyzes, negotiates, structures, and drafts a variety of contracts, such as purchase and supply contracts, service agreements, employment and consulting agreements, non-competition and restrictive covenant agreements, intellectual property and licensing agreements, and sponsorship agreements. Additionally, Mr. Jung regularly assists clients with structuring, organizing, and documenting new business ventures and entities.
He represents clients across many industries, with a focus on manufacturing, sports, service providers, real estate development, banking, motor vehicle franchises, and health care.
Mr. Jung has made presentations on a number of topics including indemnification provisions and advocacy and negotiation techniques.
Mr. Jung represents a wide variety of clients on numerous corporate, business, and finance matters. A sample of his recent transactions includes:
- Embedded with a client to supplement the client’s in-house legal team and collaborated on an assortment of projects
- Negotiated an endorsement and sponsorship agreement on behalf of a sports performance company relating to a professional athlete
- Counseled the purchaser of an automobile dealership and coordinated the franchise approval process with the manufacturer
- Represented a bank in its capacity as lender and administrative agent of a participated credit facility consisting of term loans, revolving loans, and letters of credit
- Created and executed a strategy for reorganizing the ownership and management structure of a real estate developer
- Counseled a sports protection and performance apparel company in connection with a sale to a competing sports protection company
- Represented a locally based manufacturer regarding a stock sale to a foreign corporation seeking entry into the U.S. market
- Negotiated the refinance of a loan facility for a borrower and guarantor
- Assisted an entrepreneur with initial business planning and creation of the new entity
- Represented an individual in negotiations with business partners and drafted agreements to set forth their respective ownership, management, economic, and transfer rights and obligations
- Advised a shareholder concerning a dispute with another shareholder
- Represented employers in connection with employment matters, including employment agreements, contracts with independent contractors, non-competition and restrictive covenant agreements, and the termination of employees
- Counseled a minority shareholder throughout the sale of the corporation to private investment arm of a family office
- Drafted and negotiated customer supply agreements, vendor purchase agreements, and other commercial contracts
- Prepared and reviewed confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
Honors & Awards
- Mr. Jung was a Lincoln Scholar while at the University of Illinois College of Law.
Mr. Jung currently serves on the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s Chicago Athletics Advisory Board. The board, comprised of University of Illinois alumni and supporters with deep connections to Chicago, provides assistance and recommendations to the University’s Division of Intercollegiate Athletics as it continues to pursue increased exposure and support for Fighting Illini athletics throughout Chicagoland. https://jointheifund.com/chicagoifund.html
While attending law school, Mr. Jung served as Vice President of the Board of Directors of the Illini Media Company, an independent non-profit corporation that operated a newspaper, radio station, yearbook, technical magazine, and various online media outlets at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- November 16, 2018
- April 19, 2018
- Adam Jung Appointed to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s Chicago Athletics Advisory BoardAugust 11, 2017
- September 15, 2016
- February 2016
- New leading sports protection and performance company, United Sports BrandsOctober 14, 2015
- January 31, 2014
- November 1, 2011