Indiana University (B.S., Business Process Management and Operations Management, 2002)
Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2013)
Brad Ader is an associate in Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella's Real Estate group. Brad assists private, institutional, and governmental real estate owners, developers, investors, and tenants in a wide variety of transactions including purchases, sales, financing, leases, subleases, licenses, easements, construction contracts, landlord waivers, subordination and non-disturbance agreements, and development agreements. In addition, Brad represents automobile dealers in connection with their acquisition, disposition, financing, and leasing of dealership real estate. Before law school, Brad closed more than $350 million in transactions as a real estate broker in the Chicago office of a national firm specializing in sales of office, industrial, and retail properties.
- Represented a publicly traded private label food supplier in a built-to-suit lease agreement for construction of a new freezer building in Ogden, Utah
- Represented private investors in the sale of a residential apartment community in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Regularly represents automobile dealers in connection with the purchase, sale and lease of dealership facilities in the Chicago metropolitan area and northwest Indiana
- Represented a shopping center owner in the sale of an outlot parcel leased to Walgreens in Overland Park, Kansas
- Regularly negotiates and drafts leases, lease amendments, licenses, consents and landlord subordination agreements for one of Chicago's largest industrial real estate owners
- Represented a joint venture consisting of a REIT and private investors in an acquisition of a $26,000,000 suburban office property in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Represented a REIT providing the primary source of equity in a joint venture developing a mixed-use high rise with residential apartments and retail space in Chicago’s River West neighborhood
- Represents a national company, with over 40 office/warehouse locations throughout the country, in lease negotiations for new and existing space
- Represented a joint venture consisting of a REIT and private investors in an acquisition of a $44,000,000 suburban Chicago office property
- Represents automobile dealers in connection with obtaining sales tax reimbursement agreements with local municipalities
- Represented a pension fund in its acquisition of a suburban Chicago grocery-anchored shopping center, involving a simultaneous purchase of the fee interest from the landowner (a municipality) and the leasehold interest from the developer
- Represents Chicago’s largest residential real estate brokerage company in connection with brokerage compliance, dispute resolution, document drafting, and expansion into other states
- Obtained a resolution from the Chicago City Council approving a Cook County Class 6(b) incentive for a speculative industrial development, having the effect of reducing the property taxes by approximately 60% for a period of 12 years
- Represented an 8,000-square-foot medical office tenant in the negotiation of a suburban office building lease and design-build agreement
- Regularly represents a suburban Chicago office landlord in lease negotiations
- Represented a publicly traded company in the sale of a former food-production facility located within a Superfund site
- Conducted lease due diligence for a pension fund’s acquisition of a suburban grocery-anchored shopping center, while it was under construction
- Filed a type-1 rezoning application in Chicago on behalf of a private developer seeking to construct approximately 40 single-family homes on the site
- Represented a pension fund in a 300,000-square-foot manufacturing planned development in Chicago
- Drafted re-usable contract forms for landscaping contractor
- Regularly represents a national healthcare provider in contract negotiations with health insurance plans
Honors & Awards
- CALI award, Corporate Governance and the Law
- CALI award, Negotiating and Documenting Mergers and Acquisitions
- CALI award, Professional Responsibility
- CALI award, Administrative Law
* CALI awards are given to the highest scoring student in the law school class.
- Brad visits classrooms throughout the city for the Constitutional Rights Foundation Chicago’s “Lawyers in the Classroom” program, teaching children about our judicial system through a mock trial.
- Brad is a member of the American Bar Association’s Real Property Section and the Chicago Bar Association.
- Brad has supported and volunteered for Ladder Up's Tax Assistance Program since 2011, preparing and filing income tax returns on behalf of low income Chicago families.
- July 12, 2018
- October 12, 2016
- August 28, 2016
- July 13, 2016
- October 2, 2015
- October 1, 2015
- July 18, 2014
- October 1, 2013
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Continuing Legal Education: "Introduction to the Chicago Landlord Tenant Ordinance"