- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Tax Court, 1987
- Illinois, 1987
- Certified Public Accountant Illinois 1984
- Indiana University – BS in Accounting 1984
- IIT Chicago – Kent College of Law – JD 1987
David Silver is of counsel at Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella, P.C. David focuses his practice on commercial real estate transactions where he has represented owners of shopping centers, industrial properties, and multi-unit residential buildings in acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, development, financing, and workouts. David also has extensive experience preparing and negotiating ancillary deal documents such as operating agreements, joint venture agreements, and shareholder agreements for clients in various industries.
In addition to his real estate and business transactional practices, David has developed a niche representing talented chefs, operators and investors in the hospitality industry from their initial stages of identifying viable concepts through ongoing operations, including creating and structuring of entities, preparing offering memoranda, negotiating leases, and advising on related matters. In the past several years, David has worked with acclaimed chefs John and Karen Shields (Smyth/The Loyalist), Erick Williams (Virtue), and Zachary Engel (Galit). This practice area enables David to combine his legal practice with his passion for all types of food and beverages.
- Creation of private placement memorandum, operating agreement, and subscription documents to raise capital for acquiring shopping centers for a privately held real estate investment company.
- Disposition of portfolio of multi-unit apartment buildings with the acquisition of several single tenant properties around the country in a related Section 1031 exchange.
- Acquisition of portfolio of shopping centers in southwestern suburbs of Chicago and the negotiation of CMBS loans and leases with new tenants.
- Negotiated refinance of troubled debt on industrial property on verge of foreclosure.
- Negotiated refinance of shopping centers secured by commercial mortgage backed securities prior to loan maturity.
- Burke Warren Attorney David Silver Quoted in CulinaryWoman Newsletter Article Entitled, “What Restaurant Investors Want”January 16, 2022
- Burke Warren Attorney David Silver Interviewed in Crain’s Chicago Daily Gist Podcast Segment Entitled, “How New Restaurants Get Started”January 5, 2022
- November 8, 2019