Practices & Industries
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
University of Reno, Nevada (B.A. 2012)
Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2017)
- Employee Rights and Employment Policy Journal, Member of Student Editorial Staff
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Business Organizations, Legal Writing III, Illinois Civil Procedure
- Dean’s List
Lauren Wright is an associate in Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella’s Litigation group. She handles a wide range of civil matters in state and federal court including commercial, employment, and tort disputes. Lauren assists clients in all aspects of civil litigation from initial case intake analysis through final disposition.
Lauren earned her B.A. in Political Science and International Affairs from the University of Nevada, Reno and her J.D., cum laude, from Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Prior to joining the firm, Lauren was an associate at a full-service law firm in Chicago practicing mainly in the areas of litigation and business transactions.
While in law school, Lauren clerked at a full-service law firm as well as a boutique employment law firm.
- Third chair at seven-day jury trial; represented physician plaintiff in high-profile defamation case; conducted cross-examination of defense witness; managed all aspects of courtroom technology
- First chair at bench trial; represented defendant car dealership in automobile recall dispute; obtained not liable verdict on behalf of client
- Assisted with defense of tort claim for negligent supervision involving more than a dozen parties resulting in settlement
- Represented clients in state court, federal court, and administrative hearings
- Represented clients in mediations and settlement conferences
- Drafted pleadings and dispositive motions; drafted and responded to motions
- Conducted written and oral discovery including taking and defending depositions, managing and organizing voluminous document review and production, and drafting and responding to discovery requests