Practices & Industries
Roosevelt University (Graduate Certificate Lawyers Assistant Program – Corporate Law)
University of Illinois at Chicago (B.A., Applied Industrial Psychology)
Lorna Bush is a paralegal at Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella, P.C. Lorna is a member of the firm’s Corporate Practice Group.
Lorna has more than 14 years of paralegal experience (both in house and law firm setting) in handling a range of responsibilities pertaining to corporate governance, securities compliance, and regulatory obligations related to the financial service industry.
Areas of Experience
- Business Organization Formation: LLC, corporations, partnership agreements, non-profit, bank registrations, etc.
- Corporation Maintenance (US domestic & International): Annual reports, shareholder and board of director minutes, consent to actions, secretary certificates, notary, apostilles, etc.
- Securities Compliance: SEC Forms ID, 3, 4, 5, 10K, 10Q, 13D, 14A, etc. Workiva, CompuShare, SEC Filer Management, EDGAR Online, etc.
- Document production: Civil and grand jury subpoena, tax levies, garnishments, citation to discover assets, response; FOIA preparation for SEC inspections & information requests and response, etc.
- Board of Director and Board-level Committee Support: Served as Staff Liaison to the CBOE Business Conduct Committee, delegated authority compliance, due diligence director and officer questionnaires, quarterly disclosure statements, NASDAQ Director's Desk. etc.
- Financial Compliance, Market regulation investigations, financial/forensic examination compliance, AML, FR-Y 6, FR-10, CBOE, FINRA, NYSE, disciplinary information sharing etc