- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Bachelor of Music, Cleveland Institute of Music (2015)
- J.D. from Case Western Reserve University, magna cum laude (2020)
Geneva Ramirez is an associate in Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella’s Litigation practice group. Geneva earned her Bachelor of Music in viola performance from the Cleveland Institute of Music in 2015. She earned her J.D. from Case Western Reserve University, magna cum laude, in 2020.
During law school, Geneva was a contributing editor for the Case Western Reserve Law Review. As contributing editor, she authored articles about the application of the Fourth Amendment to electronically generated metadata, which appear in the 70th edition of the Case Western Reserve Law Review. In her final year of law school, Geneva was a certified legal intern in Case Western’s Appellate Litigation Clinic where she co-wrote briefs filed in the United States Supreme Court, the Supreme Court of Ohio, and Ohio’s Eighth District Court of Appeals.
Prior to joining the Firm, Geneva externed for the Honorable Kathleen B. Burke, United States Magistrate Judge for the Northern District of Ohio, and for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Ohio, Civil Division. She was a summer associate at the Firm in 2019.
Honors & Awards
- Law and Leadership Scholar
- Norma and Larry Zukerman Prize for excellence in legal writing
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Music Industry Law, Legal Research and Writing, Business Associations, and Conflict of Laws
- Order of the Coif