- November 29, 2021
Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella, P.C. partner John Darrow is a featured speaker at the Illinois Track and Cross Country Coaches Association (ITCCCA) 2022 Clinic. He is slated to present from 9:00-10:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at the Lombard Westin Hotel on a presentation entitled, “Building a Middle School XC Program.”
Mr. Darrow is a long-time and active participant in the support of a myriad of cross country efforts on behalf of young athletes. He has coached the boys and girls cross-country and track teams at Notre Dame School in Clarendon Hills since 2009. His cross-country teams have qualified for the IESA State Championship meet in 8 of the last 9 seasons, winning multiple State trophies. In 6 of the 8 trips, Notre Dame has placed in the top ten teams in State, including two State Championships. On the individual level, he has coached one individual State Champion and 13 All-State runners. This past year, he founded the West Suburban Harriers AAU Club to help develop young runners and grow the sport of cross-country. In 2020, Coach Darrow received the ITCCCA Distinguished Middle School Coach Award, a lifetime achievement recognition.
Illinois Track and Cross Country Coaches Association is an organization of Illinois track and cross-country coaches formed in 1962. ITCCCA’s objectives are as follows:
- To promote interest, enthusiasm, and improvement in track and cross-country in Illinois.
- To provide education and opportunity for involvement for every coach in our association by methodology. We also strive to bring in outstanding coaches and athletes from the college ranks.
- To promote, publicize, and recognize achievement of our area athletes and coaches.
- To request the feelings of schools, coaches, and athletes of our area on rule changes, administration of track and cross-country meets to the IHSA. We strive to provide a voice representing the needs and interests of Illinois in any decisions regarding track and cross-country in the state of Illinois.
- To work with and generally support the Illinois High School Association.