Joseph Roddy is a partner at Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella, P.C. Mr. Roddy is a member of the firm's Litigation practice, with a concentration on employment litigation; government regulatory law; and land use, zoning, and regulatory law. Mr. Roddy focuses his practice on business litigation, white-collar defense, and government relations. Additionally, as a subset of his litigation work, Mr. Roddy represents entities involved in internal corporate and municipal investigations.
Mr. Roddy was previously a partner at Freeborn & Peters LLP in Chicago. Prior to that, he served in the Cook County State's Attorneys' office where he prosecuted more than thirty-five jury trials and argued eleven cases before various panels of the Illinois Appellate Court. Mr. Roddy assisted in the investigation of the Gangster Disciples street gang and testified at the trials as part of the United States government's successful prosecution of the gang. In November 2002, Mr. Roddy was named as General Counsel to the Illinois Inauguration for the Constitutional Offices of Illinois. In addition to his service on behalf of the State government, Mr. Roddy was a member of a committee established to advise Commissioners of Cook County on the County's court system.
Mr. Roddy was awarded his J.D., with honors, from IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, where he was on both the Dean's Honors list and the Dean's Advisory Council. He was the recipient of the J.W. Cavanaugh Scholarship and earned the IIT Chicago-Kent Class Awards in Trial Advocacy and Constitutional Law. Mr. Roddy earned his B.A. from the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts.
Mr. Roddy was also an adjunct professor of Trial Advocacy at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law from 2003 until recently. He is admitted to practice in Illinois and the United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois.
Some of Mr. Roddy's notable transactions include:
Honors & Awards
- American Legion, State of Illinois Award of Excellence 2007
- Advisory Committee to Commissioners of Cook County
- General Counsel, Illinois Inauguration for the Constitutional Offices of Illinois
- Adjunct Professor of Trial Advocacy at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2003–2011
- News, Bestlawyers.com,
- Burke Warren Partner Joseph Roddy Interviewed in WGN TV News Segment Discussing the Rittenhouse CaseNews,
- Burke Warren Partner Joseph Roddy Interviewed in WGN TV News Segment Addressing Questions Regarding Police TacticsNews,
- Burke Warren Partner Joseph Roddy Interviewed in WGN TV News Segment Addressing Derek Chauvin Jury DeliberationsNews,
- News, Law 360,
- Firm’s Joe Roddy providing commentary on WGN on trial of Jason Van Dyke for the murder of Laquan McDonaldNews,
Practices & Industries
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
College of the Holy Cross, (B.A., 1986)
IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1990); Dean's Honors List; Dean's Advisory Council; Recipient of the J.W. Cavanaugh Scholarship; Earned the IIT Chicago-Kent Class Awards in Trial Advocacy and Constitutional Law