DePaul University Chicago, College of Law (J.D. 1990)
B.A. from Northwestern University in 1981.
Ray Fricke has more than 30 years of experience providing municipal finance assistance to municipalities, airport authorities, hospital districts, state agencies, school districts and park districts serving as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, disclosure counsel, issuer’s counsel, bank counsel and borrower’s counsel. He is a member of the Firm’s Government & Regulatory practice and chair’s the Firm’s Municipal Finance practice.
Ray’s broad bond experience includes tax-exempt and taxable, fixed and variable rate, new money and refunding, direct purchases, public and private placement offerings, insured and liquidity supported, conversions, restructurings, capital appreciation, and bank-qualified transactions.
His experience also includes work on bonds issued to fund utilities, housing, industrial development, waste disposal, health care providers and higher education institutions. Ray represents various parties in connection with tax increment, special service area, special assessment and municipal lease financings.
In addition to bond work, Ray represents municipal entities and banks in connection with revolving credit agreements, construction and term loans, standby bond purchase agreements, reimbursement agreements and letters of credit.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2018, Ray practiced at the Chicago office of Kutak Rock L.L.P. Prior to that, he practiced at Nixon Peabody and Katten Muchin.
Ray received his J.D. from DePaul University College of Law in 1990, and his B.A. from Northwestern University in 1981.
Recent bond projects include the following:
- Bond Counsel for $139M issuance for Regional Transportation Authority for Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will Countries
- Underwriter’s Counsel for $400M University of Chicago Taxable Fixed Rate Bonds for Wells Fargo Securities, LLC
- Underwriter’s Counsel for $4.5M debt certificates for an Illinois school district
- Special Pension Disclosure Counsel for $155M county sales tax revenue bonds
- Issuer's Counsel for $37.5M local government program revenue bonds
- Lessor's Counsel for $9M school district lease certificates
- Bond Counsel for $9M for municipal government general obligation bonds
- Underwriter's Counsel for $4.4M for suburban municipality general obligation bonds
- Lessor's Counsel for $10M general obligation lease certificates for DuPage County, Illinois-based school district
- Bond Counsel for $30M community college issuance for DuPage, Cook and Will counties and State of Illinois
- Bond Counsel for $6.4M issuance for airport authority general obligation refunding bonds
- Underwriter's Counsel for $25M general obligation water bonds for an Illinois water commission
- Special Pension Disclosure Counsel for $101M Illinois county general obligation refunding bonds
- Underwriter's Counsel for $2.1M school district general obligation school bonds
- Underwriter's Counsel for $1.3M municipal general obligation school bonds
- Bank Counsel for $250M hotel construction loan note
- Underwriter's Counsel for $3.7M consolidated school district general obligation school refunding bonds
- Underwriter's Counsel for $40.5M school district general obligation school bonds
- Special pension disclosure counsel for $165M county sales tax revenue bonds
- Burke Warren a Proud Sponsor of 10th Annual Cook County Forest Preserve Foundation Conservation Golf CupAugust 17, 2021
- July 6, 2021
- December 7, 2018