Stephen Voris is a shareholder partner at Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella, P.C. Mr. Voris concentrates his practice in business litigation and corporate affairs. He represents clients nation-wide in a variety of industries, including financial services, technology, real estate, manufacturing, transportation, healthcare, construction and government. His litigation experience has involved all forms of dispute in these industries ranging from securities issues, employment, transactional, regulatory, lending, foreclosure, leasing, corporate governance, business raiding, partnerships, class action, tax and white-collar crime. Mr. Voris has litigated in state and federal trial courts, as well as in appellate and supreme courts. He has represented clients in regulatory investigations launched by public agencies as well as in arbitrations before self-regulated organizations (SRO) including FINRA, Chicago Board of Trade/CME, the American Arbitration Association, National Futures Association, NYSE and JAMS.
In addition, clients call upon Mr. Voris to provide counsel as a means of “litigation preclusion” in strategic business planning and internal corporate investigations. He has acted as counsel for established businesses as well as entrepreneurs, partnerships, broker/dealers, investment advisory firms and limited liability companies in stock purchases and mergers. He has advised the Boards of both closely held and publicly traded corporations in mergers, sales, capital investment, lending and employment matters.
- National Futures Association, Arbitrator
- Board of Directors, Michael D. Searle Foundation
- The Chicago Bar Association (Litigation Committee)
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section)
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association
- Daniel Murphy Scholarship Foundation
- Board of Directors (former) Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
Practices & Industries
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Boston College (A.B., cum laude)
DePaul University College of Law (J.D.); Editor of The DePaul Law Review