- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
University of Michigan (B.S., 1998)
Michigan State University Detroit College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2004)
Michigan State University (M.B.A., Finance, 2004)
DePaul University (LL.M. in Taxation, 2013)
David Schoenherr is a member of Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella’s Corporate and Banking and Financial Services groups. He has a broad understanding and appreciation for the complexities that a transaction may entail and enjoys working with clients who will allow for global analysis, detailed investigation and problem-solving when the situation calls for it. David prepares and negotiates operating agreements, contribution agreements and other miscellaneous transaction documents for a variety of businesses. He serves clients in various industries, including beverage distribution, real estate development, and professional and consulting services.
David represents clients in connection with a wide variety of acquisitive and dispositive transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions, asset purchases and sales, redemption, and stock and other capital investments. He guides his clients through the entirety of complex business transactions from the negotiation and preparation of letters of intent and definitive agreements, through due diligence, closing and post-closing obligations.
David’s clients know that they can count on him to guide them in a straightforward direction. When the situation calls for it, David provides a global analysis of an issue and is detailed in his investigative and problem-solving plans. On the other hand, when a simple issue requires an easy response, David’s clients appreciate that he doesn’t over-complicate the answer.
- Served as sole associate for team acting as outside general counsel for a number of entities including large privately-held multinational specialty-chemicals company, U.S. subsidiary of China-based chemical company, and dental device manufacturer, with domestic and cross-border corporate transactions.
- Drafted, negotiated, reviewed and provided due diligence for wide variety of merger and acquisition transactions, including purchases and sales of equity and assets, mergers, joint ventures and restructurings.
- Managed significant number of ongoing projects in connection with wide variety of commercial and business transactions including master purchase and supply agreements, distributorship agreements, raw material and energy sourcing agreements, technology and intellectual property licenses, and freight and transportation agreements.
- Drafted, negotiated and reviewed operating agreements, partnership agreements and other joint venture agreements in connection with new business formations, private equity and venture capital funding, and organization and governance of privately held businesses.
- Advised stakeholders including ownership, senior management, and boards of directors, for middle-market and privately held companies on business, governance, and compliance matters including entity formation, debt and equity financing, and transition planning.
- Drafted, negotiated and reviewed a wide range of commercial financial transaction documents, including agreements for secured and unsecured credit facilities, acquisition financing, and asset-based lending.
- Represented and advised franchisee operators and negotiated, drafted and reviewed transaction documents in connection with franchisees’ corporate governance, employment and lease matters.
- February 19, 2019
- May 8, 2018
- April 19, 2018