Martin Ryan is a partner at Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella, P.C. Mr. Ryan concentrates his practice in estate and business planning, with a particular emphasis on federal income, estate and gift taxation, and on succession planning for families that control closely held businesses. The clients he serves include owners of businesses, executives, entrepreneurs, investors, family offices, and individuals and families with inherited wealth.
Mr. Ryan received his undergraduate degree in Economics from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana in 1989 and was awarded his law degree from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 1992. He passed the Certified Public Accountancy exam in 1989.
Mr. Ryan was elected to two terms on the Firm’s Management Committee, and continues to serve as the Firm’s Treasurer. Mr. Ryan has also served on various committees of the Chicago Bar Association, including the Trust Law and Taxation Committee and the Subcommittee on Generation Skipping Tax.
- Certified Public Accountant, 1989 - Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section (Estate Planning Committee; Taxation Committee; Trust Law Committee), member
- Chicago Estate Planning Council, member
- Board of Directors/Chairman of Finance Committee, Little Brothers-Friends of the Elderly, member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, past member
- Illinois Certified Public Accountants Society, past member
Practices & Industries
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
University of Illinois (B.A., 1989)
Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D., 1992)