Burke Warren Employment Law Update Webinar (Fall 2022)
Employers of all sizes and backgrounds must remain vigilant and educated in the face of ever-changing employment law issues at the federal, state and local levels. Maintaining compliance with the complexities of new and changing labor and employment laws remains a constant challenge and necessity for employers. Burke Warren attorneys take pride in remaining current on the latest management side labor and employment law issues and in being able to educate clients and friends of the firm on the latest developments.
You are cordially invited to participate in the Burke Warren Employment Law Update Webinar (Fall 2022) set for 12:00-1:00 p.m. CT on Thursday, December 1 (via Zoom). One hour of Illinois CLE credit is pending. This webinar is ideal for general counsel, CEOs, CFOs, business owners, HR directors, office managers and more.
Topics, speakers and details are as follows:
New Laws Affecting Illinois Employers in 2023
- Changes to the One Day Rest in Seven Act, including additional break time, notice requirements, and increased penalties.
- Amendments to the Family Bereavement Leave Act, including additional bases for leave and expanded definition of the term “covered family member.”
Speaker: Burke Warren partner Elizabeth Pall
Dealing with Employee Mental Health Issues
- Flexibility and Accommodations under the ADA
- Other Legal Considerations, including FMLA, Workers’ Comp and OSHA
- EAP and Other Assistance
- Quiet Quitting and Quiet Firing
Speakers: Burke Warren partners Alex Marks and Rachel Bossard
Unions and the Current Workforce
- The fresh, 2022 appeal of unions.
- The unionization process (the “speed dating” version).
- The telltale signs of unionization and what to do about it.
Speaker: Burke Warren partner Ken Richman
BIPA: The Shifting Landscape of Biometric Compliance
- Employer Obligations Under the Law
- Handheld/User Controlled Devices
- Status of Appellate Litigation
Speaker: Burke Warren partner Danielle Gould
Planning for a Recession: Legal Awareness for a Tightening Economy
- Risk & Financial Management
- Workforce Reduction & Furloughs
- Owner, Director & Officer Obligations
Speakers: Burke Warren partners Blake Roter and Christopher Kentra
Note: While there is no fee to participate, all attendees must register in advance.
Attendees seeking Illinois CLE credit must provide their ARDC number via the online registration form and participate individually online. One hour of Illinois MCLE credit is available for registrants that participate.
All webinar registrants will receive an email confirmation and details for online participation.
Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella, P.C. is committed to educating clients and friends of the firm with respect to significant legal developments and trends. www.burkelaw.com
Related Practices & Industries
Subscribe to receive firm announcements, news, alerts and event invitations.