Practices & Industries
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
The University of Chicago (B.A., Honors, Phi Beta Kappa)
Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2003)
Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M. in Taxation, Honors)
Anna Kardaras is a partner in Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella’s Wealth and Succession Planning Group. Her practice focuses on wealth and business planning for high net worth individuals.
Ms. Kardaras has experience representing a variety of clients including individuals, Family Offices, Multi-generational Families, Fiduciaries, and Businesses. She has practiced law in the wealth planning groups of Chicago based international law firms. She has served as an adjunct professor of law for Loyola University Chicago School of Law.
Ms. Kardaras received her undergraduate degree in Biological Sciences, with honors and as a member of Phi Beta Kappa, from The University of Chicago.
She received her law degree, magna cum laude, from Loyola University Chicago School of Law, where she was elected lead articles editor of the Loyola University Chicago Law Journal.
She was awarded her Masters of Law degree, with honors, from Georgetown University Law Center.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of 2016 Volunteer Recognition Award from Chicago Volunteer Legal Services (CVLS), for outstanding commitment to CVLS, its Ark Legal Clinic and pro bono in general.
- Chicago Bar Association, member
- American Bar Association, member
- April 3, 2020
- January 22, 2018
- September 18, 2017
- TAX ALERT: IRS Proposes to Eliminate Valuation Discounts for the Transfer of Interests in Family Owned EntitiesAugust 16, 2016
- July 31, 2016
- Dodging Pitfalls in Charitable Planning with Interests in Pass-Through EntitiesProbate & Property Magazine, January/February 2014