Chris Manning is a partner at Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella, P.C. Mr. Manning concentrates his practice in the areas of pharmaceutical/biotech, health care, corporate/securities law, and municipal finance, where he has extensive experience in merger and acquisitions in the banking, insurance and pharmaceutical industries, corporate governance, pharmaceutical product development and commercialization, securities underwriting, and the financing of a wide array of public and private transactions. Mr. Manning represents companies in the United States and Europe in a wide-ranging practice that focuses on start‑ups, product line acquisitions, and general corporate law. In addition to serving as the outside counsel for the U.S. subsidiaries of several major international pharmaceutical companies, Mr. Manning has been involved in all phases of the start‑up, funding, expansion, and eventual sale of numerous U.S.- and European-based companies. Mr. Manning serves as the leader of Burke Warren's municipal finance group and Co-chair of its Health Care practice.
Mr. Manning regularly speaks on the duties of officers and directors and corporate governance matters. He has previously served on the Illinois Secretary of State Corporate Law Advisory Committee.
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale Hubbell every year since 1994
- Illinois Super Lawyer 2005–2014
- Member of the Illinois Secretary of State’s Corporate Law Advisory Committee that developed the Illinois Limited Liability Company Act
- Member of local church finance committee
- Illinois Secretary of State Business Corporation Acts Advisory Committee
- The Lawyers Club
Practices & Industries
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Georgetown University (A.B., cum laude); Phi Beta Kappa
University of Chicago Law School (J.D.)