Jeff Warren is a partner at Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella, P.C. Jeff concentrates his practice at the firm on business transactions and commercial real estate. He represents a wide variety of privately held companies in their commercial transactions and provides counsel to them on organizational, governance, planning, and other strategic matters, including the unique issues arising from closely held or family ownership. Through his proactive and highly personal approach to his work, Jeff has forged close and long-standing relationships with many clients who rely on him as their trusted advisor and as their advocate in their dealings with investors, customers, suppliers, landlords, lenders, business partners, and employees.
Jeff's commercial real estate practice is national in scope, encompassing all phases of real estate and investment activity, including land acquisition, development, entitlements, financing, construction and construction management, leasing, property management, the formation of joint ventures between developers and institutional partners, and workouts of troubled projects.
Because a significant portion of his real estate practice is focused on shopping center development and redevelopment throughout the United States, Jeff has in-depth expertise in retail leasing as well as in negotiating governmental financial incentives for retail projects.
Jeff has handled numerous major leases for private and public companies in central business district and suburban office towers as well as warehouse and processing facility leases for general and special needs users.
Jeff has acted as issuer's counsel in dozens of private placement securities offerings to assist clients in raising debt and equity capital for their businesses and for their real estate projects.
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent (5.0 out of 5) Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell since 1980
- Illinois Super Lawyer
- Illinois Leading Lawyer
- Distinguished Service Award—Illinois Mortgage Bankers Association (Chairman of Legislative Committee for ten years)
- Strategic Partner, Chicago Family Business Council at DePaul University
- International Council of Shopping Centers, member
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America (Member, Legal Issues Committee and Regulatory Compliance Committee), member
- Keystone Alliance (Glenkirk Foundation), Trustee
- “S Corporations and the Second Class of Stock Rule”Publication, Chicago Family Business Council of DePaul University, Fall 2012
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Carleton College (1964-5)
Northwestern University (B.A., 1968)
The University of Chicago Law School (J.D., 1972)