Elizabeth Davis is a partner at Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella, P.C. Liz is a member of the Firm's Corporate and Health Care groups and focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and general business counseling. She actively partners with buyers and sellers of businesses to learn about their companies in order to help them achieve their individual business goals. She leads transactions for private equity and strategic investor clients across many industries, with a focus on logistics, insurance, food and beverage, manufacturing, and health care. Liz acts as outside general counsel to domestic and international companies with respect to all aspects of the commercial contracting process. In both her M&A and general counsel roles, she advises boards of directors and other governing bodies on corporate compliance and fiduciary responsibilities.
Before joining the Firm, Liz was a corporate partner in the Chicago office of Nixon Peabody. Liz received her undergraduate degree (English) and her JD (with distinction) from the University of Iowa.
Honors & Awards
- Emerging Lawyer, Closely & Privately Held Businesses, Mergers & Acquisitions, Publicly Held Corporations, 2017
- Emerging Lawyer, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2016
- The Top Women Attorneys in Illinois by Chicago Magazine
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2012-2013
- American Bar Association, Member
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois, Member
- Association for Corporate Growth, Board Member
- Association for Corporate Growth, Chicago Women’s Network, Member
- Executives' Club of Chicago, Member
- Burke Warren featured in October 12th Law.com article on Diversification in business for Mid-Market firms.
- Burke Warren a Proud Sponsor of Association of Corporate Growth Chicago 2022 Annual Midwest Capital ConnectionNews,
- Presenter, “Anatomy of a Deal - What to Know Before You Close”Event,
- Co-Presenter, “More than Mentorship: Take Control of Your Network”Event,
- Presenter, “Anatomy of a Deal”Event,