Practices & Industries
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
Vanderbilt University (B.A., cum laude)
IIT Chicago-Kent School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2011)
Elizabeth Pall is a partner in Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella's Litigation, Labor and Employment, and Religious practice groups. She earned her B.A., cum laude, from Vanderbilt University and her J.D., magna cum laude, from IIT Chicago-Kent School of Law in 2011, where she was elected to the Order of the Coif.
Ms. Pall primarily focuses her practice on labor and employment cases. She has represented individuals and businesses in discrimination lawsuits and other employment-related contract and tort actions. Ms. Pall has litigated dozens of matters involving claims such as race, age, religion, national origin, disability and sex discrimination, sexual harassment, and retaliatory discharge. She has also handled discrimination charges before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Illinois Department of Human Rights, and various other state civil rights commissions. Ms. Pall has also represented employers facing wage claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act, Illinois Minimum Wage Law and Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act.
She is admitted to practice in the State of Illinois, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Ms. Pall has trial experience in the District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and has successfully argued an appeal in the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, where she also received Federal Rule of Appellate Procedure 38 sanctions for her client.
Honors & Awards
- During law school, Ms. Pall received CALI awards for Torts, Legal Writing I, Legal Writing II, Trial Advocacy, and the Law of Social Networks. While attending law school she also served as a Notes and Comments Editor for the Chicago-Kent Law Review, as well as the Vice President of the Moot Court Honor Society. In addition, Ms. Pall was chosen as one of the three top speakers at the 2010 Andrews Kurth National Moot Court Championship.
- Ms. Pall has been chosen as a "Rising Star" by Illinois Super Lawyers Magazine from 2016 to present.
- Elizabeth is a Professional Service Provider Member of the Chicago Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management.
- Elizabeth is a member of the American Bar Association.
- Elizabeth is also a volunteer at PAWS Chicago, a no-kill animal shelter.
- June 3, 2021
- April 21, 2021
- Department of Labor Publishes Guidance on the Expiration of Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical LeaveJanuary 4, 2021
- October 26, 2020
- By Clark MindockLaw 360, August 24, 2020
- August 14, 2020
- April 15, 2020
- April 8, 2020
- April 6, 2020
- April 2, 2020
- March 30, 2020
- March 30, 2020
- March 28, 2020
- March 26, 2020
- March 24, 2020
- March 23, 2020
- March 21, 2020
- March 18, 2020
- March 18, 2020
- March 2, 2020
- August 12, 2019
- June 13, 2019
- February 19, 2019
- Six Tips for Employers following the Supreme Court’s Ruling in Rosenbach v. Six Flags Entertainment Corp.February 4, 2019
- How Employers Should Handle Employee Requests to Bring Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals to WorkDecember 3, 2018
- July 30, 2018
- May 4, 2018
- Ensure compliance with the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy ActJanuary 4, 2018
- March 17, 2017
- March 16, 2017
- May 2, 2016
- November 1, 2011