Georgetown University (B.S., cum laude, 1978)
Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 1981)
Doug Wambach is a partner at Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella, P.C. Mr. Wambach has concentrated his practice in commercial real estate for more than thirty years. He offers a consultative and practical approach in his clients’ purchase, sale, design, construction, financing, and leasing of office, industrial, retail, and multi-family residential properties. His experience includes numerous complex transactions with asset values exceeding $100 million. He has also represented clients in industries such as senior housing development and golf course lending and development. Mr. Wambach currently heads Burke Warren’s real estate practice group.
While based in Chicago, he represents a national pension trust and other investment funds in real estate acquisitions and joint ventures nationally. He has counseled investors in the formation of real estate investment funds and the investment by those funds in joint ventures, acquisitions, and development projects. As a member of Burke, Warren’s Religious practice, Mr. Wambach represents religious, education, and social services organizations in a variety of real estate related matters. He is also actively involved with the Firm’s Automotive Franchise group assisting its clients on the sales and purchases of dealership assets.
Mr. Wambach is the former chairman of the governing board of Boys Hope Girls Hope of Illinois and is the recipient of the 2014 Heart of Gold Award for his work as a mentor with the scholars of the program. He also received the “Making a Difference Award” in 2014 from the Lawyer’s Lend a Hand Program of the Chicago Bar Association for his work with Boys Hope.
- Represented a national pension trust in the restructuring of a ground lease for a large multifamily project in downtown Chicago.
- Represented an order of Catholic nuns in the transfer of sponsorship of a high school in Chicago and the donation of the school’s land and building to an order of Catholic priests.
- Represented a religious organization on the acquisition and subsequent sale of a former Catholic high school property in suburban Chicago.
- Represented a Chicago-based bank in a construction loan for a multifamily development in Naperville, Illinois.
- Represented a Chicago-based family office in the investment in a mixed-use project in Oak Brook, Illinois.
- Represented a national pension trust in the acquisition of the second phase of a Mariano’s anchored shopping center in Oak Lawn, Illinois.
- Represented a national pension trust in the sale of an office building in Downers Grove, Illinois for $125,000,000.00, with the seller providing preferred equity at Closing.
- Represented a Chicago-based developer in an $83,000,000 loan with an insurance company secured by a portfolio of ten industrial properties in Illinois and Texas.
- Represented a Chicago-based investor/developer in a sale/leaseback of an office building in Rosemont, Illinois including the sale of an adjoining parking structure to the Village of Rosemont.
- Represented a Chicago-based bank in an acquisition loan for a Marriott Hotel in Chicago.
- Represented a family office in connection with the sale of 16 nursing homes in Wisconsin and Michigan.
- Represented a Chicago based investor in the acquisition of a downtown office building and the joint venture and mortgage loan financing related thereto.
- Represented a religious order in the sale of a significant real estate asset on the northwest side of Chicago.
- Represented an investment fund in the joint venture acquisition of a multi-family housing project in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Represented ownership of a downtown Chicago office building in the extension of the lease of a major tenant.
- Represented a national pension trust in the acquisition of a two-building industrial/warehouse portfolio in Waukegan, Illinois.
- Represented a Chicago-based development company in the acquisition of land in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin for the development of a nationally-branded hotel.
- Represented the Chicago Park District in connection with the re-development of Soldier Field with respect to construction and development matters.
- Represented a national pension trust in the acquisition and development of 400+ acres of land in Edwardsville, Illinois.
- Represented a national pension trust in the sale of an office building in suburban Cincinnati, Ohio and the restructuring of government incentives in connection with the sale.
- Represented a pension fund in connection with the joint venture acquisition, development, and sale of a Class-A office building in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Represented a national pension trust in the joint venture development of a two-phase, multi-family development in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Represented a national pension trust in the sale of a multi-building office portfolio in Addison, Illinois.
- Represented a religious organization in a complex land swap involving the City of Chicago and Chicago Public Schools.
- Represented the sponsor in forming an investment fund to provide equity to a series of joint ventures with an Indianapolis-based developer of multi-family apartment projects.
- Represented the joint venture in the sale of the multi-family projects.
- Represented an investor group in connection with the sale of mineral deposits in downstate Illinois.
- Represented a Village in the northwestern suburbs of Chicago as Village attorney for more than twenty-five years, providing counseling and assistance on numerous land use, zoning, and municipal matters.
- Represented a religious order in the sale of a high school to a charter school organization.
- Represented a national pension fund in the sale of a multi-family project in Round Lake Beach, Illinois.
- Represented a religious organization in the sale of 300 acres of developable land in Lake County, Illinois, which also involved a land swap with the developer.
- Represented a Chicago-based real estate investment company in the purchase of the interest of its institutional partner in a hotel project in Naperville, Illinois.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the "Making a Difference Award" from the Chicago Bar Association's Lawyers Lend a Hand Program
- Recipient of the "Heart of Gold Award" from Boys Hope Girls Hope of Illinois
- Mr. Wambach has been selected by his peers as an Illinois Super Lawyer and as a Leading Lawyer.
- Mr. Wambach is AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Member, The Chicago Bar Association
Board Member, Boys Hope Girls Hope of Illinois (2001-2013 [Chair 2009-2011])
- July 14, 2021
- January 8, 2021
- October 26, 2020
- April 1, 2020
- March 26, 2020
- March 24, 2020
- March 19, 2020
- March 18, 2020
- November 29, 2018
- September 20, 2018
- July 19, 2018
- September 18, 2017
- August 28, 2016
- March 2016
- October 1, 2015
- November 8, 2013
- September 18, 2012
- October 8, 2010
- February 1, 2010