Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella attorneys have assisted technology firms in all aspects of their business. We appreciate that firms that depend extensively on talent and intellectual property have unique challenges in building and growing their businesses. We understand the risks of the dependency on these intangibles, as well as the special opportunities for rapid growth and the need for a legal team that can react as quickly to the demands of their clients as clients must respond to changes in the marketplace.
Our attorneys have negotiated early-stage financings, venture capital offerings, and initial public offerings. We have completed the drafting and execution of strategic license agreements, both domestically and internationally. These projects include complex software and data licenses, both inbound and outbound; domestic and international pharmaceutical licensing; and the licensing of copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets. We also appreciate that regardless of the transaction, document, or business challenge, solutions must often address the intellectual property and volatile financing needs of technology clients. Our clients represent virtually all types of technology—computer hardware, software, data, pharmaceutical manufacturing, biotechnology, and other emerging fields.
- Burke Warren Partner John Stephens Quoted in Crain’s Chicago Article Entitled, “For Black lawyers, roadblocks to partnership persist”June 10, 2022
- May 4, 2022
- Burke Warren Cited In Chicago Tribune Article Regarding a Pro Bono Case Recently Undertaken by the FirmMay 3, 2022
- Burke Warren Serves as Pro Bono Counsel in Federal Lawsuit Charging Advocate Health and Hospitals Corporation with Racial DiscriminationApril 21, 2022
- April 18, 2022
- Burke Warren Proud to Participate in the Chicago Bar Foundation’s 2022 Investing in Justice CampaignApril 6, 2022
- February 21, 2022
- January 25, 2022
- Burke, Warren Partner Frederic Mendelsohn Authors Industrial Distribution Article Entitled, "Your Fired IT Employee Can Bring Down Your Company. Here's How to Stop Them"April 11, 2021
- July 11, 2014