Attorneys in Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella’s Public Finance practice have many years of experience serving as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, disclosure counsel, issuer’s counsel, bank counsel and borrower’s counsel. Their work supports the financing needs of municipalities, airport authorities, hospital districts, state agencies, school districts and park districts in connection utilities, industrial development, waste disposal, health care providers, higher education institutions and much more.
Our attorneys are not only proficient and experienced with the technical aspects of complex municipal finance transactions, we also offer clients the viewpoint of members of our team who are elected officials or serve on government commissions and boards. We also act as outside general counsel for several governmental entities. This complementary experience provides us with a unique perspective in assisting our clients in developing creative solutions and implementing debt transactions.
Our full-service platform allows us to collaborate with our tax, real estate, bankruptcy and other practice groups, as necessary, to ensure that all aspects of our clients’ project needs are met. This ability to provide a broad menu of sophisticated services, together with personalized attention typically associated with boutique law firms, make us an efficient and cost-effective alternative to the “big law” experience.
We have worked on a variety of debt transactions involving fixed rate bonds, variable rate bonds, refinancing bonds, special use facility bonds, tax anticipation notes, tax exempt and taxable bonds, as well as private activity bonds issued to finance affordable housing.
We have experience with the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program as well as affordable housing issues. Our firm also represents for-profit entities in structuring transactions involving governmental incentive programs, including tax increment financing (TIF) and sales tax rebate agreements, and we handle private placements of securities, including all aspects of securities and blue sky law compliance.
- Burke Warren Partner John Stephens Quoted in Crain’s Chicago Article Entitled, “For Black lawyers, roadblocks to partnership persist”June 10, 2022
- May 4, 2022
- Burke Warren Cited In Chicago Tribune Article Regarding a Pro Bono Case Recently Undertaken by the FirmMay 3, 2022
- Burke Warren Serves as Pro Bono Counsel in Federal Lawsuit Charging Advocate Health and Hospitals Corporation with Racial DiscriminationApril 21, 2022
- April 18, 2022
- Burke Warren Proud to Participate in the Chicago Bar Foundation’s 2022 Investing in Justice CampaignApril 6, 2022
- February 21, 2022
- February 4, 2022
- January 25, 2022
- Burke Warren a Proud Sponsor of 10th Annual Cook County Forest Preserve Foundation Conservation Golf CupAugust 17, 2021
- July 6, 2021